Cyber Security Technical Engineer
Permanent position based in our Leeds Head office - Working for one of the UK fastest-growing specialists in Cyber Security products and services, the candidate will work within the Security Operation team and will be responsible for supporting leading security solutions for our clients. The candidate will need to not only be technically minded but also be adept at documenting their work.
- Deploy and maintain internal systems and services
- Provide technical assistance and support to customers in a range of Cyber Security solutions
- Working within the security operations team, managing cyber security solution to defend customer infrastructure from exploitation and cyber-attacks
- Understand key network protocols such as SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, SNMP, DNS, NTP
- Identifying training and development requirements for vendor certification
- Producing high-quality technical customer services
- Experience as a Security Support Engineer required
- Understanding of networks/networking
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Good communications skills
- The ability to build credibility quickly with colleagues and customers
Qualifications in IT Networking preferred. Any relevant industry experience will be advantageous.
- Self-motivated to learn and improve to remain up to date with technologies and concepts within the security industry
- ‘Can-do’ attitude
- Ability to build and deploy technical lab scenarios using industry standard tools such as virtualization and physical hardware
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
What are we looking for?
- We are searching for driven, personable, and creative individuals with technical and customer services flare to join our growing sep2 family.
- You can work alone and as part of a team
- You have the drive to perform and excel
- You’re confident and capable to present, both verbal and written, with common sense and the ability to think on your feet
- You are excited about technology and want to advance a career in technology sales
Experience - Technical, 1 year (Required)Contact us at: sep2 careers